24 October 2011

How to have a successful blog

Now, I'm not saying that following these instructions will instantly make your blog popular. These are just a few ideas and suggestions that I think could help make your blog successful.

How to have a successful blog

Write about what you know. Are you a storyteller? A photographer? Or just someone who wants to inspire others to live life to the fullest? Whatever it may be, find out what you're good at writing about and stick to it. Unless you like to shake things up once in a while.


Make your blog engaging. Nobody wants to look at something that hurts the eyes, right? Experiment with different designs and layouts until you find one that suits you.


Aim your blog at a particular audience to increase attention. So if your blog is about improving your knitting skills and includes step-by-step tutorials and knitting pattern ideas, chances are your audience is older women (or men). Make your blog appeal to your audience.


Promote your blog via other social networking sites like Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, etc. People will visit out of interest and you will possibly gain new readers!


Be interesting! Don't write about how depressing your life is or something like that. Write about stuff that you would want to read. Get inspired by other blogs and their ideas!


Don't lose faith in yourself. If you start thinking you're not a good blogger, you'll start believing it. And you'll feel like deleting your blog in an instant. Not good.


If I get any rude comments on this post telling me that I know nothing about making a successful blog, I'll delete them. Because you know what? Maybe my blog isn't successful. Hey, I've only been on Blogger for two days. But a lot of the great blogs I read need more recognition. These are just some of my ideas on how to get them more recognized in the blogosphere.

-Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment